Unable to Connect to Gateway in Setup App
When setting up your Gateway, you'll need to connect to the Gateway's hot spot. If you are able to connect to the Gateway's hot spot but get an error when you press the "Connect to Gateway" button in the setup app, there are several things that could be causing the issue. To fix, try the following:
- Try using a different device to perform the configuration. If you are trying it on a phone, use a computer instead (and vice versa).
- Turn the Wi-Fi off on your device and wait 30 seconds before turning it back on and trying again.
If that still does not work for you, please see the instructions below on how to turn off WiFi Assist/Adaptive Wi-Fi, depending on what type of device you are using (Android or iOs).
Turn off Smart Network Switch or Adaptive Wi-Fi (depending on phone model). This feature is turned on by default. To turn this feature off, do the following:
- Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced (or More).
- On older phones, tap Smart Network Switch and then select the Off option.
- On newer phones, under the Adaptive Wi-Fi section, toggle the Switch to Mobile Data button to turn off the feature.
- Turn your phone's Wi-Fi off, then turn it back on and then try again. Feel free to turn the feature on again after you have finished configuring all Gateways.
Turn off Wi-Fi Assist. Wi-Fi Assist is on by default. To turn this feature off, do the following:
- Go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data.
- Scroll down and tap the slider for Wi-Fi Assist.
- Turn off your phone's Wi-Fi, then turn it back on and then try again. Feel free to turn the feature on again after you have finished configuring all Gateways.
Unable to Find Local Network in Setup App
After connecting to the Gateway's hot spot network, scan for available networks using the Setup app. If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, please confirm the following things:
- Are you within range of the Wi-Fi router?
- Does anything change if you attempt configuration right next to the router?
- Is this a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi network? The Gateway is incompatible with 5Ghz Wi-Fi networks.