The installation process for the Automated Cycle Count add-on is straightfoward, but requires more resources than the core factory system installation (
- In most cases, the actual installation takes 15-30 minutes per machine.
- If there is no obvious candidate signal, additional time may be needed to identify the best available signal. This time may vary.
- Available +24/12VDC power and ground/0V connections.
- A digital control signal or sensor output that changes state once per production cycle. This signal must be 24/12VDC and change between high and low states only.
- If no suitable signal exists, an external sensor would be required.
- Personnel capable of determining the best signal or sensor output available that corresponds to a machine cycle, such as a maintenance supervisor.
- Personnel who is able to open up the power and/or control panels on the machine.
- Personnel capable of reading machine schematics and identifying signal wires inside the machine.
Tools / Resources You Will Need
- (Included with hardware kit) Small screwdriver, wire strippers, wire
- Any tools required for opening up the appropriate machine panel
- (Recommended) A machine schematic or wiring diagram
To begin your installation, please see our article,